Monday, February 1, 2016

Adoption Journey Update 8

Sorry it has taken me so long to update, but thank you to a recent commenter, I realized I need to just take the time and share what has been going on with our family and little miss Ruby these past few months.

We got Ruby's birth certificate a few months back, way sooner than we expected. We then immediately applied for a social security card for her so we could have that all finished by the end of 2015.

The nursing has still been going pretty well. For the most part I can keep up with her on a daily basis, except for when she decides to cluster feed. A few of the moms in one of my mom's groups also gave me a bunch of milk, which was really nice to have.

It's hard to believe Ruby will be 6 months old in 2 days. She smiles, coos, has an adorable giggle when tickled, and rolls over. She loves her exersaucer and loves looking at herself in the mirror. She doesn't care for a pacifier, but loves her thumb, and is all about putting anything else she can find in her mouth. We are working on trying to get her to sit up but she seriously hates to bend at the hips. She is also not a fan of tummy time. I see it being awhile before she starts crawling. We see the pediatrician on Friday and then we will start solids. She is really long and skinny, no teeth yet, and her hair seems like it is always changing color. For a long time we swore she was turning into a red head, but then other days it looks very light blonde, almost white, other days a dark gold color, and then back to strawberry blonde. Her eyes look to me like they are almost a grey color. She's such a beautiful baby girl and we love her so much.

I got our first letter in the mail from our adoption agency last week about sending out our first update. I didn't know this but I have to include a letter on how Ruby is doing. With that I also have to send at least 10 pictures of her. I still keep in contact with her birthmom, mainly by text, but have mailed her almost every picture I have taken so far of miss Ruby. She sends me messages every so often asking how Ruby is and I'll occasionally just send her a picture. I am glad that we have this contact and hope it continues. I have never had any contact with the biodad, so I hope he likes the pictures I send and the update on how Ruby is doing.

Here are some pictures from the last few months. Since we got Christmas pictures, I probably will wait and do 7 or 8 month pictures instead of getting 6 month ones done. I am not sure when I'll post next, as the kiddos have kept me quite busy, but thank you to everyone who has given so much support and followed along through the adoption process.







I love this.

6 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you're doing well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is gorgeous and I am so glad she is yours. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally see what you mean about her hair color. It seems ever changing, but always beautiful (and more than Claire has at 2yo!). She's darling. I'm SO happy you have her. I could say that all day. It's just nice to see a BLM friend who wanted to bad to bring another baby home actually have that opportunity. Busy for sure, but love the updates.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful pictures of all of you! Ruby is darling and Max is adorable and getting so big! Thanks for the update! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so very happy for you and your beautiful family. You deserve much happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so very happy for your happy family.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...