I am back with a happy list this week. Last week was rough and I found little to be happy or hopeful about. Here a few things this week that have put a smile on my face
1. The NICU. I absolutely love it an know I am making a difference in these little ones lives. People have been calling me brave or strong for doing this, but I call it really good much needed therapy for myself. Many of us have found things that provide us with some form of comfort these days and this just so happens to be what is really helping and healing to me. I just hope it continues to go well.
2. I bought 5 new scrubs tops with Liam in mind. They all have butterflies on them and a few have words like Love, Hope, and Caring on them. I have never had so many compliments on scrub tops before. All bought for the love of my little guy in mind.
3. The amazing people that have helped me raise over $1000 already towards the March for Babies walk I will be doing on Fathers Day. I still have a month and a half to try and reach my goal of $1500 for Team Liam AK.
4. "Friendship isn't about whom you have known the longest... It's about who came, and never left your side." - Unknown
I love this quote that I seen on another fellow blm's blog on her happy list a few weeks ago who talked about the wonderful friends she has in her life, so I needed to include it in mine. I have lived in Alaska for just under 4 years and have made the greatest friends, they are family! You guys know who you are!
5. I joined a summer co-ed rec softball team and am really excited to get out and play. It is hard to want to be lazy and sit at home when you have a team depending on you to be there. Hoping though that I will only be able to play half the summer since the plan is to be pregnant by mid season.
6. I also can't believe I have 50 followers! 50 people out there that are reading mine and Liam's story. I hope I have been able to provide many of you blm's that are following some support, comfort and hope, because that is what many of you have provided me.
7. Oh and I am so happy that my tomato plant that I had thought was a gonner is doing great! He is sitting in a glass with water and regrowing roots and can eventually be replanted. Woohoo, he didn't die.
Thinking about all you wonderful mothers out there with babes in Heaven