Monday, April 28, 2014

2014 BLM Rainbow Weekend in Vegas

Big things have been happening this past month. Some happy, some sad. Many posts to come!

The weekend of March 27th Max and I flew to Las Vegas and met up with 9 other blms and their rainbows. Last year I did not gather with these women since my rainbow Evelynn had passed away, and it would've been too hard for me to go without a baby. This year I had Max and I'm glad we were able to make it. 

I knew I wanted to go right away when the discussion of when and where this gathering was going to be, but I was incredibly nervous too. We all had rainbows, but their rainbows were all toddlers now that were around Evelynn's age. Max was by far the baby of the group. I thought it would be hard seeing all the little girls knowing my rainbow daughter didn't make it and also having a house full of toddlers running around seeing firsthand what I was missing out on. I'm not going to lie, the first few days I definitely felt a little left out. All the kids played together and the other moms got to talk about all things toddler. One little girl in particular  melted my heart as she became obsessed with "helping" Max with his pacifier and pushing him all over in his stroller.

By the last night though, all that anxiety and nervousness seemed to vanish, and I was finally able to breathe, share some of my thoughts, and listen to others talk about their babies. And other than for some nasty sickness that got a few of the mommas and babies, it was a great weekend. I can't wait for next year.

Anna, Camille, Addison, Hayes, Otis, Eliza, Bear, Elizabeth, and my Liam and Evelynn- you are all forever in our hearts and missed dearly.








2 comments:

  1. There's something amazing about seeing these little miracles together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So special. Wish I could have gone this year. Love seeing those rainbows together

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...