Thursday, May 5, 2011

Will I Ever Be "Over" It

I took this quote from another fellow blm's blog a week ago, it is from the book Resilience by Elizabeth Edwards

"If I had lost a leg, I would tell them, instead of a boy, no one would ever ask me if I was 'over' it. They would ask me how I was doing learning to walk without my leg. I was learning to walk and to breath and to live without Wade. And what I was learning is that it was never going to be the life I had before."

So very true this quote is and such a great analogy. I don't know what it is like to lose a leg or know the pain that is associated with it, but I do know what it feels like to lose a child and feel the loss of a part of myself along with it. I will never get back that part of my life and I will never feel whole again.

3 comments:

  1. I read that book in the beginning of April. She was an inspiration to me and still is for all she endured during her life. She was a special lady. That quote is so true as well. You never will be the same person. You are just trying to deal with what is reality now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said. We never will be the same. We have to figure out the new normal and live with that. I often look in the mirror at the new me and wonder about the old me. I barely recognize her anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very true. I am definitely not the same person I was before my losses. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...