Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Ex

I was hoping for a great weekend, getting out and enjoying the fresh air with some friends on a hike. So far this weekend just really sucks. I am still planning on going out with my friends but saddened by the recent news I have received. I had heard yesterday that an ex-boyfriend was in a terrible car accident. Our 3 1/2 year relationship ended over 8 years ago and it did not end well at all, but just over a week ago he calls me out of the blue and we talked for over an hour. He told me how happy he is that I found a great guy like Dereck but it so sorry for the loss of Liam and that even though our relationship didn't work out he really does care about me. He also told me about what he's been doing these days and well it was just a good conversation. Now to hear about this accident he has been in just breaks my heart. From what I've heard he has brain damage and holding on through the means of life support and his mom now has to make the very difficult decision in the next few days to see if he can pull through or to just pull the plug, that is a difficult decision that no one should ever have to make. I wish I could just give his mom a huge hug, too bad I live 3,000 miles away. I know our scenarios are incredibly different but I do know what it feels to have so much love for your child and then have to lose them. I am praying for him and his family and I hope he can pull through.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for your friend and his family too. Life is so precious xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...