I think this is the first Happy List Saturday I have done. Well, what is there to be happy for right now. I think I need to think about this a little since the last few weeks have been the hardest yet on me and really hoping the next few months get a little easier.
1. The one advantage to not going out as often with friends, since I have had many unsociable moments this past few weeks, is that I have been getting lots of things done. I had wanted to try growing vegetables in pots inside my house and also get some more plants in general. Normally I have really bad luck with any kind of gardening, but so far I have made it a week and my tomato plants are growing like crazy, I have planted 2 peace lilies that have both already bloomed, the spider plant seems happy, now I am just hoping my bell peppers take off-I started them from seeds. Looking at all the green added to my house definitely makes me happy.
2. My husband and I have been doing a lot of baking and cooking lately. In the past week we have made a cheesecake, monster cookies, and carrot cake, and also tried about 6 new recipes for meals for dinner. I love cooking/baking but its even better when Dereck helps. Good quality time together in the kitchen.
3. I also have been trying really hard at getting into a good workout routine again. I feel like I am slowly starting to get my endurance back and feeling stronger again. I have been out jogging and although I don't go more than 2-5 miles it has felt great and the dogs love it. Dereck has also been really sweet and biking slowly beside me as I jog.
4. Trying to stop drinking pop-Diet Mountain is awesome and I have gotten really addicted in the past few months. I have made it one whole week without any. Of course I might be making up for it with extra coffee-yum!
5. I am happy for game nights with friends, we did go to a friends house on Wednesday night and I totally dominated in Risk. Made me Happy!
6.Super happy I finally learned how to put together a new blog header with my babies pictures in it!
Wow, came up with more than I thought