Friday, January 27, 2012

24 Weeks Or 6 Months

Viability!

Not sure when the belly got this big but pretty sure it has tripled in size since last week.

It had definitely been a few good weeks with out any real freak outs, but then baby girl scared the crap out of me this past weekend. I didn't feel any kicking most of the one day with her being the most active at night. That night we went to a work dinner and pretty sure I left in a complete food coma, so either she was in one too or something, but she wasn't moving. I started getting nervous but figured by the next morning I'd feel some little kicks at breakfast. Breakfast came and still nothing. The next day at work I constantly was poking at my belly just hoping she was going to move, but still nothing. By the time I got home from work it was doppler time. Then more freaking out because the normal spot I get an instant heartbeat was not working. I of course found it but not before my thoughts were turning into "oh my god what if we have to go to the dr's office because we can't find it" mode.
Her lack of kicking then made me think about Liam's last day with me.  The night of and right before surgery that morning he kicked like he had never kicked before, and then he was gone a few hours later. So then I had to inform Dereck that if baby girl ever kicked like that I was hightailing it to the hospital asap.
So if she doesn't kick much I will be freaking out and if she kicks too much, like Liam did before he died, I will most likely freak out. Can't win, but at least things are still going good for now so I can't complain.

My birthday was on Wednesday. A few friends, Dereck, and I went to dinner and celebrated my 30th birthday. I am actually 31 this year but since I was so grief stricken last year for my 30th I had already declared a do over for this year, and must say I was in way better spirits for celebrating this year.

Registry is pretty well complete and my good friend is in the process of setting up a baby shower for sometime in March. Crazy to think that in just a month I will be in my 3rd trimester already.

Signed up for a breast feeding class in March. Not sure if that's too early but they aren't offered very often and wanted to make sure Dereck would be around to go with me.

Next appt with the Perinatologost for an u/s of the uterus and to see baby girl again is scheduled for next Wednesday.

I also got my "Liam" Molly Bear on Tuesday.

12 comments:

  1. Glad everything is ok, Happy belated B day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, 24 weeks already! I know it doesn't seem like time has flown to you I'm sure, but I feel like I was just reading about your first trimester a few weeks ago. I'm so happy that you are at this point.

    It's too early for me to feel movement yet, but I know for sure I will freak out on low movement days and if there is a ton of movement. There is nothing easy about pregnancy after loss.

    I love Liam's Moly yBear and happy belated birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Becky, how scary. I'm so glad everything is ok. Happy belated birthday, too. Wonderful that you were in a different place this year.

    By the way, I got my Molly Bears for my twins last week...and my Bennett Bear is of the same "family" as your Liam bear (same fabric/color/face, etc.), but with different embellishments. I'd like to think that means our boys are finding eachother and can play together in Heaven!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so glad everything is ok with baby girl. i had those moments during my pg too. and like you, i was too grief stricken to celebrate my 30th last yr. we didn't really do anything for my 31st, but i was actually ok with hearing people say "happy birthday"

    continuing to keep you and baby girl in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am soooooooo jealous that u got your Molly Bear!! Still 300 or so to go on the list before they get to mine but I cannot wait!!!!

    So glad all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for 24 weeks! I feel like I've been pregnant FOREVER! Hoping things continue to go smoothly for you and baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Viability...wonderful words to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated birthday! Week 24 does have a beautiful meaning behind it...ahhhh viability! LOVE your Liam bear, I think it will be a while longer before I get my Addi bear.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Im SOOOOO jealous you got your Molly Bear! Im 1284 on the waiting list. Let me tell you, i cant wait to get my arms around that bear! So glad you got yours close to Liams birthday!

    The lack of kicking and movement will definitely throw into a tailspin and cause a panic attack. I didnt have a doppler, but was in my Dr's office a few times becuase our rainbow just "wasn't moving like normal". But yes, babies in utero get put into food coma too.

    Viability is a fabulous word!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am SO far behind on blog reading. I have been thinking of you, hope you had a fantastic birthday and praying for your little gal <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on hitting 24 weeks; that's awesome! I definitely understand freaking out over the movements or lack thereof. It's better to be safe and concerned, though. Only you know if something feels off.

    Liam's bear is so cute! I'm glad you have it now.

    Continuing to pray for you and your baby girl. I can't wait until she is here and we can see some pictures of Liam's little sister!

    ReplyDelete
  12. No idea what a Molly bear is but it looks gorgeous!! You are doing so well, its hard not to be proud.....xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...