Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Liam's Gravestone

It took Dereck and I almost a year to finish Liam's gravestone marker. It had been an incredibly hard thing for me to work on because every time I thought about it I just wanted to cry. Cry that my son isn't here and cry that no parent should have to work on something like this. I wanted it to be perfect for him. In my mind I had this vision that people would walk by it and not just think how sad it was that a baby boy was buried there, but that by looking at his marker you would be able to see just how loved he is.

In the beginning we had really wanted his picture on it but it just never worked out with the type of granite we were using. To the right is the picture of him that we would've had on his marker if we were going to use solid black granite. We used dark blue pearl, which is incredibly beautiful, and also is the same granite that the others markers in the family plot are on.


Below is Liam's marker, finally complete and finally in place.




My heart is already so broken from the loss of my Liam and now my sweet Evelynn, but when I read now that another fellow blm lost her precious Ainsley at 17 months old on Saturday morning my heart broke even more. Jen was originally pregnant with twins and lost one of the twins(also named Evelynn) just before they were born. Ainsley had been in the NICU and then the PICU her entire 17 months of life until she passed away. If anyone has a chance they should check out her blog and show this momma and her family some love.

20 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful marker! I just know that Liam would love it! He must be so proud of his special Momma who took such great care in making sure that his marker was perfect!

    lots of love to you xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. The marker is beautiful. You accomplished your goal of being about to look at it and see how loved he is. I wanted the same thing for Hayes' marker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful and shows so much love for him. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liam's gravestone is beautiful. I read about Ainsley and Evelyn too - breaks my heart.

    You and Dereck are always in my prayers. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becky, Liam's stone is beautiful and perfect. I think of you daily. My own grief is crippling at times; I cannot imagine how awful it must be for you. Sending peace today...

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is beautiful. Just like your boy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will say it again-- Liam is just gorgeous. I love his prints on the marker. You are wonderful parents.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, momma. What can I say that I haven't said before. I can't believe you have to go through this again...I'm so sorry. I literally think of you every day. I wish I could do more for you. One thing is for sure...you did a beautiful job on Liam's headstone. I know Evelynn's will be just as beautiful...I just wish you didn't have to design another. There's just something so inherantly wrong with picking out your child's headstone.

    Lots of love to you. If you need anything please don't hesitate to ask.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Becky, Liam's gravestone is perfect. I can see how much he is loved. I see it on his stone and I can feel it in this space and through your words.

    Remembering Liam and Evelynn always. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Liam and his marker are both beautiful. Light and love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Truly beautiful Becky... thinking of you always xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Liam's marker is very sweet. Your family remains in our thoughts and hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's perfect (as perfect as a gravestone can ever be).

    Thinking of you.

    Ps. Ainsley's death was quite a shock, and I feel horrible for Jen. :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. Liam's grave marker is beautiful but I am sorry it even has to be. Thinking of you and sending love.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Liam's grave marker is beautiful. I just wish you had your babies in your arms. Sending love. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  16. Liam's grave marker is beautiful. It sucks that you have to pick one out for your baby, but you did a good job. Many thoughts and prayers for you

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your love for your babies shines in everything you write and everything you do. Liam's marker is just beautiful..

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am sorry that you had to design a headstone. It turned out beautiful. Sending you lots of love.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...